So today Wyatt and I went to infant story time and got asked out. I was so excited! It's not as devious as it sounds. We got invited to go have coffee with some of the other moms and their babies after story time.
So I've decided that meeting new friends is sort of like dating. You get yourself sassed up, put yourself out there, try to act cool and normal and hope someone picks you up. After, I excitedly told Audra about the prospect of new friends, but explained that I had declined the invite because I had already made plans to watch Mikey play soccer. We agreed it was for the best that I don't look "too available, too soon."
So next week, I'll make sure and wear my newest, cutest outfit (and of course dress my kid up nicely as well) and hope I didn't act "too uninterested" to get another invite.
Ahhh the games you must play to hook up :)
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOL-- right out of a sitcom! --Cathy
ReplyDelete