Friday, August 28, 2009

It was 93 yesterday and 60 and raining today!

This morning we went to the Toy Factory in Corvallis for story time. The little guy didn't have any desire to sit still and listen to the book, preferring to go flirt with the little girls. After story time we stayed and played in their playroom. Wyatt was having a blast until he fell and cut his lip. It was his first injury involving blood, but I stayed calm and we made it through okay.

I wanted to share a couple cute new things Wyatt has been doing. He really seems to be understanding what we say to him lately and it's fun to give him directives and see what you get haha. When you tell him it's "tubby time" he heads in to get his towel and then to the tub. A few times I've told him it's "night night time" and he'll start walking to his bedroom. Or if I ask him if he's "hungry" he'll often head to the kitchen. He gets really excited when his daddy gets home from work or comes down for a quick visit. Usually he squeals "da da!" He also started raising his arms about his head after watching a play group dvd we have, so now when we say "touch down!" he puts his arms up. He's also become fascinated with trucks and loves the 'truck' book Grandpa Dave and Grandma Krissen got him. I just bought him a couple 'hot wheels' cars today and he was quite the happy camper on the way home.

I think Wyatt might be transitioning to 1 nap a day now. He is able to go longer periods of time without meltdowns and is taking 1 longer nap in the middle of the day. I wasn't happy about loosing that 2nd nap at first, but 1 longer nap does allow you to get more stuff done. All in all, I'm happy if the little guy is and he has been throwing less tantrums this week. I guess the concept 'ignoring bad behavior' does work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?