Wednesday, August 5, 2009

our toddler

Today I went to the Dermatologist to get some moles etc. checked out. Everything looks good so even though I'm sure it cost an arm and a leg, I'm relieved. Melanoma is a very bad word in our family and I really wish I had spent less time in tanning beds and in the sun, in my 20's. Anyways it sure feels nice to be deemed 'healthy.' I also went to the dentist Monday and all looks great. Guess it's my lucky week with doctors.. Tonight Audra and fam. came over and my mom made tacos. It was de-lish!

Wyatt has really become a little toddler almost overnight it seems. He says "No" and "all done" and even shakes/nods his head (sometimes his whole body) to tell you 'yes' or 'no.' I think he says "yeah" and other various things that we aren't positive about. Just the other day he was going to throw a toy off the front deck. I told him "no" and he stopped and shook his head 'no.' A few minutes later he went back to the deck about to throw a toy- this time he stood there, shook his head 'no' and walked away. I cracked up.

We are in the process of transitioning from formula to milk and from a bottle to a sippy cup. Since I cut out his 4pm bottle, he is actually eating more and drinking from his sippy cup better at meal times. So I feel pretty positive about everything so far. I have a feeling I'm going to miss those few minutes of cuddle time that I get with bottles- the very few times a day he is willing to sit still.

2 weeks old
and 1 year old

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?