Saturday, August 15, 2009

Portland etc






We've had a nice and busy week.. went to the park Thursday. My parents drove, so I was able to take Wyatt AND Tasha. Audra and Mikey ended up meeting us at the playground for awhile and then we took a nice long walk along the river. Tasha got to run free and was so well behaved. I was proud of her, but felt guilty that she doesn't get to go out more often.

Friday was our big outing with my parents. We left for Portland at about 11am, and went to the downtown area in search of Voodoo donuts (which I've seen featured on the Travel Channel a couple times. We ended up eating lunch first though because the line was down the street. So after lunch we decided to stand in line for these highly recommended donuts. Will and I both got one with chocolate, peanut butter and oreos on top. YUM. My mom apparently has a little donut addiction herself and got a dozen. After we got our donuts we wandered around downtown a bit and checked out China town and the Pearl district. It was interesting checking out the big city, but I realized its rather scary walking around a big city (not knowing what areas you shouldn't be in) with a child. I imagine that there are wonderful areas of Portland, but it wasn't until we got to the zoo that I could relax and not feel like I didn't have to look over my shoulder. Anyways the zoo was awesome. So lush and beautiful. Many of the animals were sleeping so it wasn't overly exciting for Wyatt, but he loved people watching and the big fish in the ginormous 'fish tank' seemed to really excite him. After a few hours at the zoo we meandered over to the Joan Baez concert. Wyatt was pretty worn out by now, but he did eventually fall asleep in his stroller after he did some dancing, clapping and running around. He got a couple compliments on the highlights in his hair haha. We got home at about 11pm (just about a 1 hour and 45 minute drive home).

So it's Saturday and we are so exhausted that we blew off our swimming lessons this a.m. Gonna go rest now while the little guy is napping...

1 comment:

  1. It is so pretty there! Those donuts sound killer.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?