Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor day 2009

I'm getting excited to be flying to Fresno tomorrow for a little visit. We will be celebrating my grandma Edith's 82nd birthday and I'm thrilled to get to visit with my great aunt from Baltimore as well. I have to say I'm equally nervous and excited to fly with my toddler. The last time we flew was when he wasn't 'Mr. Independent mobile kid.' I am packing all kinds of little treats in hopes that it is a smooth flight for everyone :) But he's so inquisitive these days that I'm looking forward to seeing his reaction to the plane and people etc. He is really a pretty easy going kid in public so I'm sure well do okay..

Will may also be making a trip to CA this week. One of his coworkers and friends, Wicke was killed in a motorcycle accident last week. We are very sad that such a nice person lost his life, and at such a young age. Makes you really appreciate when everything is good and everyone in your life is healthy and safe. (sigh..)

This Labor day weekend we were pretty lazy; just spent it together, enjoying our lives- the rain and then the sun (over and over) were interesting. Will picked a bunch of blackberries out of our backyard and I made a 'Blackberry Buckle.' I also baked zucchini bread with veggies from our garden. We had chicken Marsala for dinner tonight and are planning on having pesto and fresh mozzarella with tomatoes (from our garden of course) on baguettes for lunch tomorrow. Loving our 'farm fresh produce!'

Well I'm off to bed- we have a very long day in store for us tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?