Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mothering week 2010

Watching Oprah for the first time in months. Barbara Bush and twins are on so its rather interesting. I am on break from cleaning house and Wyatt is still napping. I'm throwing a Scentsy party (my sister's part time gig) on Thursday evening and have invited friends over so thats my motivation to get the house picked up and cleaned. It's soooo nice to have people coming over to encourage me to get on the ball. Tomorrow Wyatt and I have a gym appointment and then we'll hit Trader Joe's for food for the party.

Will, Wyatt and I are going out to dinner tomorrow night to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. I'm looking forward to a big margarita!

Not too much going on with Wy guy this week.. but he seems to be communicating "using his words" much more lately than just screaming. We went to Pet day at OSU this last weekend and because he's at the stage where he just wants to run, he wasn't happy holding our hands or being in the stroller. So we eventually left (tired of chasing after him in crowds) and he was very unhappy about this. We were frustrated with him as well but think we need to re-adjust our expectations sometimes, so we're not disapointed when activities don't work out as we had hoped. On the upside though, our dog Tasha was a sweetheart and got lots of compliments.

My class is going well. This week I have Mother's day activities planned. Speaking of mother's day, my mom, sister, Michael and Mikey are all coming over to our house to celebrate this year. We're planning on an Italian theme. Just wishing my dad would finish up with the house in CA and get himself up here!! We miss Papa!

My friends and I have a luncheon and movie planned for ourselves in a couple weeks to further celebrate mothering. That should be lots of fun. Wyatt's Orton-grandparents are coming up on Memorial weekend. We are so excited and can't wait to see them! I also just arranged a 'mom's night out' to go see the new Sex and the City movie in a few weeks. That should be fun too! Hmmmm what else is going on? I'm drawing a blank, so I guess thats it for now. Wow its 5pm and Wyatt is still napping. That was a long nap, but I bet my life that he will be a grouch for the next hour...Ahh the ups and downs of parenting ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?