Wednesday, May 26, 2010

fun times!

Today we met friends at the Wacky Indoor Bounce house and we all seemed to have a blast. Unfortunately I was one of 'those' moms who showed up with a sick kid. Well in all fairness his nose wasn't running when we got there and he's certainly on the tail end of it. Ugh. Anyways he had a jolly old time except for a few meltdowns when he got his feelings hurt or space invaded. I have been working on getting him to say "NO NO" when other kids do something he doesn't like in lieu of the terrible ear piercing scream that occurs here and there. We practice on our dogs who have terrible boundaries (especially when there is food in hand). Anyways after WIB we all went to lunch at Nearly Normals which had a nice big patio with a water fountain that the kids all loved. It was a bit chaotic at times (with kids trying to get in the fountain), but for the most part they were contained, so us moms were able to sit and chat a little. After lunch we walked down to the yogurt shop and all ate frozen yogurt. What a cool place! You decide what kind and how much yogurt and what toppings you want and they determine how much it cost by weight. It was a lot of fun for the kids to pick out toppings (although Wyatt was busy eating a sample cup (and I do mean he was eating the cup after he finished the sample), so I picked out ours- but boy did he enjoy his heaping spoons of yogurt he got when mom was too busy chatting to pay attention lol.

So after yogurt we all headed home. Wyatt stayed awake and chatted about his friends (so cute to see him forming friendships), but when we got home he went to his stuffed animals corner and laid down. Obviously the boy was tired.

Anyways tomorrow we have gymnastics and then a bee/honey event at the Toy Factory. Should be interesting. And then this weekend Wyatt's grandma and grandpa Orton are coming to visit. yeahhh! Supposedly the weather is going to be really nice.. woohoo. Actually it was pouring this a.m. but it let up when we went walking for lunch and yogurt and now its sunny and gorgeous.

Well tonight I am heading to Zumba at 5:30 (Wyatt is STILL napping). So I better go get ready. The boys are having spaghetti and spinach salad.. I should probably have a snack before I go so I don't pass out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?