On Saturday, Will, Wyatt and I all stayed home from soccer (Wyatt had developed a runny nose by Friday evening), I ditched the gym (after a tough abs workout Friday) and we laid low. We played outside a little bit and all took naps. When we woke up, my dad got here from CA. We hadn't seen him in a couple months so it was a nice reunion. We fired up the BBQ that night and had hamburgers and grilled chicken burgers and sweet potato fries.
On Sunday I had a 'mother's day' date with my g-friends. We drove up to Rickreall (just north of Corvallis or west of Salem)to Eola Hills winery for a yummy brunch. The brunch included 2 glasses of their wine too :) We had a lovely time and then stopped off at a lavender farm and then did some shopping.
Sunday night, we (Will) helped my dad unload his stuff into their storage unit. Afterwards my parents took us to dinner at Papa's Pizza where Wyatt had the time of his life. He didn't eat his pizza until the way home because he was unable to pry himself away from the 'fun house' room. We were surprised to find that the pizza was actually pretty darn good (after hearing some mixed reviews).
Today I skipped our usual playdate since Wyatt is still a bit snotty, but I have high hopes that he be fine very soon! Instead I made some blueberry/spinach/cholocate pancakes from the "Sneaky Chef." They were great (except that I kept burning them-sigh). Then for dinner I am doing my friend Sara's crock pot Cuban black beans and gonna grill up some sort of chicken for burritos. Should be yummy. Wyatt just woke up from a rather short nap, so I better go and get us a snack.
Our weather hasn't changed much lately. Its been cooler and rainy with some sun here and there BUT it's getting old- we want SUMMER!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think?