Wednesday, April 29, 2009

happy baby, happy mommy

Yesterday was such a wonderful day.. I expected to come home from vacation and have a spoiled baby on my hands. (Since we had about 2 weeks straight of grandparent involvement), however now that Wyatt is able to get around by himself, he is one very happy baby. This of course doesn't mean I can ignore him, but it means there is a LOT less whining and general frustration. The down side is that the little guy gets into everything.. so I have been working on baby proofing so there are less "no's" and accidents. It is a work in progress though. He's a precocious little guy :)

So Wyatt has begun taking longer naps this week. I am loving this! Instead of putting him down for 3 naps a day that were about 1/2 hour each, he is now taking 2, 1.5-2 hour naps (in the a.m. and afternoon). This is a reallllly nice break for mom and he seems so much happier through the day. Funny how when things start getting easier you start thinking about another baby :) I broached the subject to Will just yesterday haha.

Tomorrow we go in for Wyatt's 9 month MD check up and then Friday for his 9 month pictures. After pics, I think we'll hit Target for a baby gate (thanks Papa for teaching Wyzie how to climb stairs!) and some more baby proofing stuff. Other that that, we're laying low this week and enjoying the down time after a couple busy weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?