The third leg of our trip was spent in the Fresno area. We scored in the weather department, I must say. We stayed the first couple nights at my parent's house in Tollhouse and then at our friends, Kathleen and Manuel's house. I got to spend lots of time with my grandma and cousins as well as good friends. On Sunday a.m., we went to Nataska's beautiful wedding at the Japanese Gardens in Fresno and ate great food at the Spaghetti factory. Best of all, Wyatt stayed with Jena, Grandma E. and Bri and while he had a fabulous time- so did we (childless for a few hours- haha)
Unfortunately I got sick while at my parent's house. I thought it must be some funky morning sickness even though I was already 13 weeks along. But it lasted all day and then wiped me out for a couple more days so who knows. Come to find out there seems to be some viral thing going around in OR and CA. Anyhoo we made it home safely on Monday. It took exactly 12 hours and that included LOTS of stops- Wyatt had a couple major meltdowns but at least took a hour long nap this time. Yeah long road trips with kids are mentally exhausting for everyone (even with the dvd player and lots of snacks and games). Thanks to my Aunt Renee for getting Will a birthday cake for the road. That was a treat to eat while stopping for a meltdown :)
Once we got home, we spent a couple days recuperating and doing laundry. On Thursday we went to the apple orchard and picked various kinds of apples. I got about 14lbs of apples for $3.60! What a bargain :) This weekend we plan to try our hand at some canning.
Oh yeah, Wyatt came down with a fever yesterday a.m. He was going to go play with his friend Bailey while I went to a work inservice but instead, Will took the day off work and stayed with him. What timing :( Anyways so far today, his temp is more normal and he seems to be on the mend. Yeahhhh. Sick kids stress me out.
Oh and its already raining here. Its been in the 70's and rained every day since we got home I think. Winter is coming early this year!



No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think?