





We had a nice weekend... Wyatt got a new potty as he's been showing some interest in ours lately so I thought we'd try it and see what happens. I've been giving him yogurt covered raisins when he sits on it to get him acclimated and he loves it! Low and behold he has pottied 2X on it now. It's amazing how excited and proud this makes us haha. So we're going to just keep putting him on the potty when we change clothes, diapers or at bath time for now- nothing too strict or regimented since he's only 19 months old.
We went out for Mexican food on Saturday night. I haven't had it in months and it was a big treat (on top of going out with my hubby on a Saturday night!). Wyatt did great in the restaurant and it was nice to be able to relax a bit in a restaurant. Maybe things are getting easier now that we're past the baby stage....
On Sunday, Will, Wyatt and I drove to Hoodoo (about 2 hrs towards the Sisters and Bend areas) and went sledding. We were a little nervous at first, not expecting the sledding mountain to be as big as it was, but after a couple trial runs we felt comfortable taking Wyatt along on our laps. He didn't seem to care for his snow-suit much and generally seemed unhappy, but after lunch he perked up a lot and started enjoying being towed around in the tube and even tested out the snow some. As we were leaving and had changed out of his snowsuit, he decided he wanted to run and play in the snow. So after saying 'bye' to the snow we left and he slept for about an hour of the trip. He woke up really cranky and unhappy (even the DVD player didn't help this time), but when we got home and he saw his Gramma Pat Pat he was back to his happy self. We're definitely not in the 'easy zone' just yet! ;)
This week is a rather tame week with just a few appointments scheduled (mostly gym appointments) because I joined a local gym with day care (which Wyatt really enjoys) and have to schedule the day care time. I LOVE LOVE LOVE having a little more free time and even getting an undisturbed shower in after working out. I even did a Zumba class last week (which made me wish I had more dance history).. It was fun, but it took a lot of focus to not get left behind ;)
This weekend coming up is going to be lots of fun. We are going to a "Family fun day" that my new job (the local Community college) is putting on, then to a birthday party and then I am leaving Wyatt with his daddy and heading to Portland Saturday night with my sister and friends. This will be my first night away from Wyatt! We are staying in downtown Portland along the river where on Sunday we will be participating in the Shamrock Run. We're participating in a 5k which has really helped me stay motivated to work out and continue my journey towards getting fit. Since Xmas I have lost 20lbs and feel really good.


No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think?