
This last weekend was kinda nuts, but a whole lotta fun! Saturday a.m. Wyatt and I went to the 'Family Fun Day' at the local community college (who I'll be working for shortly), where there were a bunch of kid friendly activities (kinda like a mini carnival). Wyatt was most into story time, listening to the violin, playing in the tunnel and going down the slides. After that, we met Will at our friend's little girl's 2nd birthday party at the Toy Factory. Wyatt loves going there and always heads for the train table. After the party we drove home, put him to bed and I left for my night in Portland.
My sister and her friends picked me up and we made the quick drive to our hotel The River Place and we checked in. It was situated right along the river through Portland and it was gorgeous. Although 5 of us in a room more suited for 2, was a little crowded, we still very much enjoyed ourselves. For dinner that night we walked down to a restaurant also along the water called, McCormick & Schmicks. We all had some delicious drinks and dinner. I split the fillet medallions and lobster ravioli's with a friend and added a salad. YUM. After dinner we headed back to the hotel and unwinded for our big race the next morning.

We were awake at 5:45 a.m. (time had just changed so it was really 4:45) ugh, and out the door by 7am to register. We had signed up for the 5k 'stride' but soon realized we underestimated ourselves and wished we had done the 5k run instead. Many of our fellow striders were pushing strollers and walking much slower than we had 'trained' for and we had to pass often (difficult in a big crowd)to pick up any speed, get a work out and stay warm (it was 32 degrees that early in the day!) Anyways we actually finished rather close to the front (unbeknowest to us at first). So we all decided the next race would be a 5k run. Look out! It was a beautiful day, got to watch the sun come up and take in the sites. Portland is a gorgeous city! (especially along the water and park areas). I'm excited to take Will and Wyatt back and explore some more, now that I'm starting to get more familiar with the town.


So on our way home from the Shamrock race, we stopped at the Woodburn outlets and did some shopping. It was a blast and SO nice to shop without children ;)
Wyatt was happy to see me when I returned, but later on Monday I noticed he felt warm. Sure enough he has a fever- no other symptoms so am wondering what is going on :( He just woke up from his nap, so I better go! Hoping this goes away fast!! I hate fevers...
No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think?