Tuesday, November 17, 2009

catchin up

Hi everyone! I'm trying to think back over this last week to fill you all in on what we've been up to... Most interestingly Wyatt's grandpa Dave and gramma Krissen came up to visit. We had a great time with them! On Saturday we took them to the Corvallis farmer's market, explored downtown Corvallis and then hung out at the Toy Factory for awhile. Wyatt was completely engrossed in the train set they have out. I was amazed at how long it kept his attention. Sunday, Wyatt decided that he didn't want to miss out on any time with his grandparents so he woke up at 5am! Ugh after him sleeping in until 8 a.m.-ish most mornings, I was exhausted but ended up getting to go back to bed for a while. Later in the day we went for a walk near our house and found a cool area where the dogs could be off leash. We walked all the way to the end where there were 2 big ponds. Wyatt actually walked most of the way. It was fun getting out and finding such a cool place so near to our house. On Monday Wyatt and I went and met new friends at a scheduled play date. It was nice catching up with people we know and meeting people we didn't! Today we are going to the grocery store when Wyatt wakes from his nap and tomorrow I have a 'meeting' regarding a future job opportunity teaching for the local junior college. Should be interesting. On Thursday, I am watching Mikey for a bit and then Audra, kids and I are going to Albany to do some shopping. On Friday we have our regular library storytime date. I'm not sure what we're doing this weekend, but may try and get up to Salem and check out some family friendly activities I've heard about..

We still haven't heard of a date that my mom will be transferred up to Oregon, but its in negotiation now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's before Xmas though!! I miss my mommmy!! (ok, dad too) haha.

I hear Wyatt waking up from his (rather short) nap. So better go and get us ready for the grocery store... But on the menu for the next few days is Leek and potato soup, Butternut squash ravioli, blue cheese-bacon wrapped chicken YUM .. just need to get some yummy bread to go with.. Fall is definitely my favorite season to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?