It's Wednesday and we will be vacationing to Fresno to celebrate Wyatt's 1st birthday very shortly. I find it ironic that the place we moved away from is the same place that we now 'vacation' to- and in July no less. I hear its around 105 degrees there today. Of course our family and friends all still live in CA so theres no getting around it. I am actually very excited to 'go home' this time. Will is going to be off work and we'll get to see everyone we've been missing. My sister has told me more than once that Fresno is not my home anymore, but until we settle in our own home here, I think Fresno still feels kinda like 'home.' (cuz it certainly is no place to vacation to!)
Anyways- today Audra and Mikey met us along with my new friend Sara and her two girls at the water park in Corvallis. We took a picnic lunch and even though it was a bit crowded, it was a perfect day to be out in the sun and water and we had a blast.
On Sunday, we went to Eugene and hit Costco and Fred Meyer but got caught in the most amazing summer rain/thunder storm. SO much rain and loud thunder. Apparently the rainfall more than doubled the record set previously. Too bad we were in flip flops and shorts haha.
So Wyatt has been walking really well. He still needs to use the couch or wall etc. to stand up, however I did catch him just tonight going into a standing position from his knees. He woke up from a nap the other day speaking a new language. It's rather funny/bizarre and very guttural. I'm not really sure what its about, but am going to assume that he is NOT possessed like his father suggested, but that he's going to start saying more words or something soon. He's been into taking things out of bags/bins and putting them back in (which is nice and keeps him occupied for a few minutes here and there).
Well that's enough rambling outta me for now..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think?