Tuesday, May 17, 2011

my news...

I've got exciting news... (well for me anyways haha)! A fellow mommy friend found an extremely inexpensive office right in the heart of downtown Corvallis to rent and wanted to find someone to split it with her. So I jumped at the chance to try out having a private practice. I've always dreamed of being my own boss but never had the guts to leave my County job with all of its great benefits and steady pay- but since I walked away from it when Baby O #1 came along, and are no longer used to me bringing in a salary, this was an easier decision.

So I've been super busy figuring it all out, making calls to insurance companies, getting an EIN, getting liability insurance, finding the right professional association to join, picking out paint colors for the office, searching Craigslist for furniture, going through boxes of papers and resources I'll need, updating my resume for credentialing through insurance panels, ordering business cards, getting my website going (well getting stuff written for Will to put on the website he is setting up for me) and so on and on. And this is on top of being a MOM which of course is still my number one job :)

So here you have it, why I haven't gotten to respond to some emails or kept my house super clean lately (not like it ever is perfect).. ha

Ok gotta run- Little G doesnt like to be put down for long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?