Saturday, December 11, 2010

"Oh Christmas tree...."




Today we got our Christmas tree- finally! Last weekend we were busy on the Polar Express, then Will got sick what we thought was strep throat (luckily it was just a bad throat infection) and then Wyatt got sick with some funky stomach bug, so getting the tree has been delayed all week.

So I didn't take my camera with me, but we went to a "U-cut" place near our new house where we took a tractor ride out to the trees and Will got to saw down the Noble Fir we decided on. It was pretty muddy but being the smart Oregonians that we've become- we wore our mud boots and rain jackets. It was pretty cool and a bit rainy but once we got back to the main area we were able to get warmed up; ate some cookies, drank some hot chocolate, saw Santa and an electric train track. It was a nice end to the whole Oregon 'tree' farm experience.

This afternoon Will worked on the exterior lights some more and I began unpacking Xmas decorations. When Wyatt woke up from his nap, we ate BLT's for dinner and decided to make a trip to Home Depot and Kmart on the hunt for blue LED Xmas tree lights (Wyatt really wanted a blue tree). Unfortunately we couldn't find any, but we did find some frozen yogurt on the way home :) Once we got home we got working on getting the tree decorated. Although Wyatt enjoyed putting a few ornaments on the tree, he got more joy stealing them and stashing them in his own hiding place. When I asked him if I could see them he first said "no mommy." Then when I asked "pleeeeeease?" he said "ok, but don't touch, mommy.' Apparently he had some idea I might be taking them back. I promised I wouldn't touch them and he opened the box (briefly) for me to see. We've noticed lately that he is really saying funny little sayings like "its been a long day today" etc. He's a character this one and has us cracking up quite often.

So here is a picture of the finished product- unfortunately its not blue :(

Here are some pictures of when Wyatt met Santa earlier this week at Story book land. As you can see, he wasn't interested in getting on Santa's lap. He did make sure and tell Santa "I want a truck," however.





HAPPY HOLIDAYS everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?