Friday, October 15, 2010

Our funny boy

Today after gymnastics we were driving home. As we drove by a police car pulled over on the side of the road ticketing someone Wyatt says "a police car!" I said "Yep, the police man is giving someone a ticket." Then Wyatt says "can I touch him?" (he's into asking to touch everything lately). So I say "No we can't touch police men." Then he says "will he bite me?" I guess he's been told not to touch things like spiders, snakes, dogs. etc 'because they might bite him.' I got a good laugh.

So tonight I was changing Wyatt's diaper and he was resisting putting his new one on a bit so I suggested he go "pee pee on the potty." I'd kinda given up on potty training for the last couple months after getting nowhere. So surprisingly he said "okay" and we ran into the bathroom. He asked for a "surprise" and I said "okay." Then he said he want's "TWO surprises." So I told him he had to go pee pee on the potty and he'd get two surprises. I sent Will off to get some chocolate chips and guess who started working very hard to make it happen? Yup Wyatt pee'd on the potty tonight! I was so excited I cried- I guess I'm hormonal. Anyways it was obvious he was proud of himself too (not to mention how happy he was to grub down on the chocolate chips (daddy brought way more than the two I planned on giving him- I guess daddy was proud too haha).

Anyways things are progressing well on our house. I think escrow began today and we got a great 4% interest rate. I started thinking about paint colors, window coverings etc. and because I love the house in Modern Family, I'm thinking of using this blue called "Labrador blue" for our living room. Check out this blog.

Next week we find out the sex of the baby. We are soooo excited but plan to keep the results in an envelope (that even we wont see) until that night when we go out to dinner with the family. What is your guess??

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw you were my newest follower so I wanted to welcome you and pay a visit to your blog. I noticed you mentioned my blog. Thanks so much for that! I'm glad you liked my Modern Family posts. There's actually a few more based on Modern Family with some other details if you are interested, you just have to click "Modern Family" on the right side where it says "I'm Blogging About" Big congrats on you babe's milestone too. Good luck with your moving process and all the great things coming your way!
    Heidi@RecklessBliss
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?