Well this weekend was Father's Day weekend and it was nice to get to spend it with my dad and my hubby. Wyatt had his last soccer class Saturday. Here is a pic of him playing.
Our party started on Saturday night when we met my parents and Audra and fam. at a Chinese buffet for dinner. Will and I cracked up over the oh so typical corny name "New China Buffet" which was posted on a permanent sign. (Maybe you had to be there..?) Anyways there was a sushi bar and tons of other great food and the best part was that I didn't get sick after (which happens sometimes when I eat too many different kinds of food). Dinner was good, but rough.. Wyatt was acting a little strange i.e. almost passing out on a chair after running wild at the restaurant (which I should add, prompted us to come home and start implementing more strict table manners for our DS (dear son)). After dinner we went to the Corvallis Knights baseball game at OSU. Wyatt ran wild for the first couple of hours and then I put him in my Ergo and although he protested a bit, he chilled out and we all got to watch fireworks (his first time seeing them!) He talked about the "boom boom boom" noises they made and how pink they were for a couple days after. It was our first baseball game since June 2008 when I was hugely pregnant with Wyatt in Fresno. It was also about 40 degrees cooler here. After the game, Will, Wyatt and I hit the McDonald's drivethru for a "ice cone" as Wy fondly calls them.
On Sunday Will got to sleep in a bit, I made breakfast burritos and then we took a drive over to Kings Valley with my parents to Fort Hoskins park (which used to be an old Civil War fort). We cooked up some hot dogs, ate calico beans and potato salad. Everything was yummy. After lunch we took a walk around the 'fort' and then went home.


Monday, Wyatt and I played at Avery park, hit the Dollar Tree, met friends for lunch at Papa's pizza, washed my car and cleaned house. Today we met some friends at Wildcat park, went grocery shopping, made cupcakes and relaxed some. Tomorrow we go to the gym in the a.m. and are meeting friends at Otter Beach to swim. If it's warm enough it should be fun :)
Ok, I'm heading to bed.. I have 8 minutes to spare before I start hurting. Night night..
No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think?