So needless to say, I was a bit overwhelmed this week and thrilled when I got home Friday afternoon and could start thinking about Easter. Strange, because most who know me know that I'm not religious- but for some reason Easter is one of my favorite holidays- most likely because my parents always did us right and went all out with Easter- decorating the eggs, having great hunts, lots of good food etc. etc. Anyways last night Will and I put together Wyatt's basket and stuffed plastic eggs with fun stuff for the indoors hunt we'll have tomorrow morning before we go to Audra's house for more egg hunts and lunch. I can't wait for him to wake up to his basket and start hunting. I love being a parent!
This morning we braved the cold and wind and went to the Easter egg hunt at the nearby park (where we're going to have Wyatt's 2nd birthday party). Not only did they have tons of eggs, but they had lots of prizes. We won a football (a good one too). Wyatt did great and seemed to really get the concept of picking up eggs and putting them in his basket, fast. He also loves being outdoors so had fun tromping around and splashing in mud puddles. After we were nice and cold and Wyatt was wet through up to his thighs, we went back to our house and had a playdate. Wyatt did his first "mine!" as he took a toy from his friend, Carson. I think this officially makes him a 'terrible 2'? sigh...
After that we went to Albertsons which was going to have more egg hunts. Although we missed the toddler egg hunt, Wyatt ate his first hot dog (devoured it!) and we got a few grocery items we needed. Came home and Wyatt and daddy are now sleeping. The rain has picked up something crazy and at times it seems like we're going to wash away.
I am going to pick up the house a bit (if I can get myself off the Internet), start boiling eggs, and prepping food we're taking to Aud's house tomorrow. Hoping this rain goes away so we can take some good pictures and enjoy one more Easter egg hunt!
Happy Easter to you!

No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think?