It rained a lot this last week, but we're supposed to have a couple days break now. Yeah! On Monday Wy and I started our Water Babies class. It went really well and he seemed to enjoy it a lot. On Wednesday- not so much. He was really clingy and whiny. The only difference was we got there earlier on the first day so he was able to get acclimated before the class. Anyways on Wednesday afternoon Wyatt and I had a play date at the Toy Factory and then Thursday night I had a night out with girlfriends. We went to the Big River restaurant and I had wine and desert. ON Friday Wy and I drove out to Audra's house and celebrated her birthday with her and she touched up my highlights. Wyatt and Mikey played well and were worn out after.
So Wyatt is saying more words all the time and is generally a pretty happy kid these days, but he is starting to do a lot more whining which can drive a parent nuts. We're at the frustrating stage where he just can't find the right word for what he wants and we don't comprehend the gibberish. Anyways we're looking forward to more English and less gibberish! I've been amazed at what a good 'time outter' he is. He will actually stay on his time out and seems to understand consequences a bit. I'm so proud :) He also just started nurturing his stuffed animals this last week by rocking them and covering them up with blankets. Too cute!
I have been keeping up my daily exercise and low salt diet. I'm slowly getting my tolerance up and feeling good. Eating out isn't that plausible these days because the typical restaurant meal has about 12,000mg of sodium and I am trying to stay under 2,000 mg a day (the recommended amount is 2,400 mg but most people eat about 6,000 mg a day). Anyways I've learned a lot lately about all the bad things salt does i.e. contributes to high blood pressure, heart disease, pregnancy issues and various diseases. I've also learned how Diuretics which are used to treat the multiple diseases listed above, can lead to kidney failure. So its not a good situation all the way around.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for entering the giveaway! I love your blog! It all goes by so fast and it's great to write about it, even the small stuff you think you'll never care about! I love the stage where they start mommy-ing everything! I used to sit right outside the door so Jenna (and even the boys)couldn't see me and watch them mommy their toys. Huuu, I would love another! Nope, we're onto phase 2. Life without diapers!
ReplyDeleteHave a good week! Sarah
Yeah I am realizing how things Wyatt did just 6 months ago seem foreign so blogging helps my memory. I am so looking forward to the post potty training days :)
ReplyDelete